17.2.07

A good, good day with no furor.

As the title implies, today was a wonderful, delightful day. Arriving bright and early, armed with Monopoly and Shel Silverstien, it was a picture perfect Nanny in New York time. The marathon Monopoly game began at 9am, paused for lunch around noon, and reconviened around 1.30. The 7 yr old beat me, royally around 3.30. Grandma treated everyone to lunch at Jackson Hole, and she spoke down to me, only slightly. She reminds me a great deal of my Grandmother, whom I haven't spoken with in almost two years. My Grandmother was a condesending woman, who greatly disproved of my depression and subsequent behaviors, and the final outcome - me living. In my experience, many Jewish Grandmothers are very similar, and my bosses mother is no exception. Perhaps she's not as bad as I say, and I certainly get points for taking stellar care of her grandchildren. But she still resents me.

After Monoply, we went to the Natural History Museum to check out the new exhibit, "Origins of the Human Body." It's pretty sweet, and I certainly recommend it to all ages. Full on skeletons, awesome dioramas. Two opposable thumbs up! Funny, huh?

We dined on Latkes at a Jewish Deli on the UWS; apropos for the day, I suppose. After or filling meal of Jewish soul food, we read from "Where the Sidewalk Ends", my most favorite childrens book in the universerse. Just ask me to receit "Sick" from memory.

I closed the evening with songs (yes, I'm the Nanny that sings the kids to bed) by Billy Joel (Downeaster Alexa), Les Miz, and my bedtime ritual song, "I'd Rather Be Blue" from Funny Girl.

I'm home now, no one else is, and I'm enjoying the momentary peace. God knows, it doesn't long around here. What, you're disapointed this post isn't as salacious as it should be? Hey, dummy what do you want from me? Nothing exciting happens when you work all weekend - I've gone over that with you. Although I have an opening in my Jerk Circle, you pestering me isn't going to get you in. And yes, Matt Dillon - it's still "on."

By the way, I'm very, very proud of this fella, and his Maneating Flesh of a Virus improv group. I recomend you follow their exploits. They had people asking, "What the crap is a Thank You, Robot, and where can I get one?"

No comments:

amazing counter
coupons-coupon-codes.com