25.2.07

And we're back.

It was an "event", shall we say. It was emotional, surprising, underwhelming, outstanding. Basically, it was another topsy-turvy weekend for me.

I didn't sleep at all, the night before. I left the house very early, put my Ipod on shuffle, and shuffled to the L. I'm a big believer in symbolism, and the first song to come on was "Bless the Lord" from Godspell. He and I were both in Godspell. Don't start with me - I'll take what optimism I can get. I was Sonia, if you were curious.

He just moved into a new apartment, and the proper thing to do is to give a housewarming gift. I had no time to purchase one earlier in the week, so I hoped a dumb touristy shop in Times Square was open at 7.30 in the moring. One was. I got him some stupid, horribly tacky homey things I knew he would like. I got some wrapping ware at Duane Reade, and wrapped the thing on the bus. Hey, I was a Girl Scout - always be prepared, or fake it 'til you make it.

Once we arrived in Reading, memories started seeping in. I saw the big event sign on the hill at the Inn at Reading, where I had my Bat Mitzvah. I remember standing next to it, in the gray rain, wearing my shoes dyed to match my dress. We had to take the picture quickly, because a wedding was waiting for their shot. And we passed the multiplex where I had my first group date - we saw Philadelphia. Yes, I chose the movie.

I was practially jumping out of my skin. I had my whole "exit off the bus" planned. Of course, he was 10 min late. But the homeless guys waiting at the bus station, seemed to approve.

I won't go into a shot-by-shot recount of the events that transpired, don't worry.

He introduced me to the cast of his show, and they were all so welcoming. It was a workshop of an original piece. My big complaint was the first act was over two hours long. But he was fabulous. He sang sitting atop a piano, and had perfect comedic timing. He's making this SO hard!

It was a pleasing weekend, all in all. It's even more apparent now, we're ridiculously different. Equally, it's quite clear I'll never find someone like him. We left things rather optimistic; I could see myself spending the rest of my life with him, or never speaking to him again.

No comments:

amazing counter
coupons-coupon-codes.com