2.3.07

The "help".

The families I work with, have additional "help". I've worked in fully staffed households (butler, maids, Major Domo, security detail, driver, dog walker) and we all know what happen to those gigs. But still, the current families have a handful of "extra hands".

One mother has two other nannies besides myself, and a weekly housekeeper - not uncommon. The Autistic boy I work with, has two other nannies, a live-in housekeeper, and a cook. But the family I work with most often, has 3 other nannies, a full-time housekeeper, a bookkeeper, and me. And I do everything else that's not in the above's job description.

I've only ever worked with two of those three nannies. One is a middle-aged woman from Trinadad, who instantly brightens up my day. She's hilarious, doesn't mince words, and adores me - which is always a good thing. The other women is from Guatemala, and speaks little to no English. I speak enough Spanish to get me out of a jam, but she gets really offended when I try and speak Spanish to her. It's awkward sitting across from someone you know, and not speaking to them. She's warmed up to me - I have the best intentions, and a winning smile - but there's some resentment on her part, I can see.

No comments:

amazing counter
coupons-coupon-codes.com