30.8.09

Island Hopping

After a neverending ride on the D train, and an all to brief Chess singalong with Mark, I am home. We went to check out the Judith Shakespeare Company's Shakespeareathon in Long Island City this evening. Now, I'm not that big into Shakespeare. I enjoy the comedies; I love A Mid Summer Night's Dream. But the idea of a weekend of pub songs and corsets and fortune telling is all to good to pass up! And the most important reason to be in attendance? To support our wonderful friend.

She was scheduled to perform last evening, and I missed it. Even with a date book and my iCal, sometimes I just can't get it together. Tonight she was running around, doing ticket raffles, singing songs, making sure everything was where is it was supposed to be. She's good at that sort of thing. I love having her in my life for many reasons, a big one being that when I'm on the verge of a meltdown, she swoops in and with the flick of a wrist, all is right with the world again.

It was a fun time; I'm glad I got off the big island just for a bit. As you know, I don't make a habit out of going to Brooklyn or Queens, but I guess once a year won't kill me.



1 comment:

Brady said...

I'm so happy I made an appearance in your BLOG!

amazing counter
coupons-coupon-codes.com