29.8.09

Home Decor Day!

I'm very excited! Like most women, I love shopping. But I prefer a very specific form of shopping - home decor!!! Oh, I adore home decor! And I hate shoe shopping. I can spend hours upon HOURS in Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Ikea is truly an all day event. I've always been into ultra modern furnishings and deco. I freaken love deco.

Anyway, the cause of my excitement! My lovely friend Allison and I are hitting up our favorite decor shops today. I love my friend Allison. Not only is she a fabulous listener and all around kick ass chick, she loves home design almost as much as I do. She's hard core about things - she makes lists! Of course I have a typed up inventory of every cosmetic I own. And I keep it updated. So we're both a little hard core.

We'll check out CB2 first - a hip outpost of Crate and Barrel. I wait eagerly every month for the arrival of my CB2 catalog. My dresser is from CB2 and it's just...ugh I can't even explain it. Then we'll head up a few blocks to Crate and Barrel, the wedding registry dream land. Contemporary furniture, dinner ware, stem ware...Allison is moving into a nice new place with her boyfriend, so she's eager to out fit the place.

After our stint in Soho, and a quick stop to Kid Robot to check out the new Labbits (ah, I love Labbits!) and Jonathan Adler to dream about one day affording any pottery from his Muse collection, we'll head up to Chelsea.


West Elm, Allison's favorite place, is what she dreams about. If she sees a piece, she can tell you what page in the catalog you can find it. West Elm is a bit to cookie cutter for my taste, but I do love their lacquer furniture, end tables, and home accessories. My little ceramic rabbit is from West Elm. I'm just along for the ride.

We finish our day with The Container Store. Who knew storage could be so amazing! Like AMAZING! Storage for socks. Storage for mugs. Storage for dog food. Storage for mouthwash. I need to pick up some little storage containers to keep in my bathroom - I'm slowly trying to get organized. I feel with that organization, I'll clean my room. Because honestly, I'm getting tried of climbing over clothes to get into bed at night.

And you know what a clean room means??? Slumber party!!! No boys allowed!




No comments:

amazing counter
coupons-coupon-codes.com