8.8.09

The weekend of what?

My day was of the extremely hectic nature. Hoofing around the city in my Nine Wests, w/ blisters aplenty. It was one of those rare days, in which I buy a hot dog from a street vendor. For those of you that aren't aware, I hate hot dogs. But, like anal sex, sometimes you just need it. Anyway, I arrived home, and took a wonderful nap on the napping couch. The Helen came home and alerted me to the fact that I had another interview in 30min. Have I mentioned, I love Helen?

I hopped in a cab, meeting at a Starbucks on the Upper West Side. Interviews with nannies in locations like Starbucks are de riguer for the first meeting. The details of said interview are non essential to this plot.

Helen was already asleep when I arrived home - remember, when you're a Scientist you need your rest, otherwise the world will never be saved. So I rewatched season 1 of The Kids in the Hall, reminding myself how much I love absurdist comedy and my ever lasting love for Mark McKinney. "He's sick of the Swiss!" Ending my Friday evening w/ some General Tso's and a phone call from an old high school friend, I sit to write about my upcoming weekend.

I'm working w/ a family all weekend. Fun times are bound to happen. We'll try and rush West Side Story again, I've been meaning to take the kids to get some soul food, I'm eager to drag them to Coney Island, and maybe convince them to see Julie & Julia. Then I'm to attend a going away soiree for an old roommate that has chosen to move home, out west. A post dedicated to her and her ballet shoes is forthcoming.

I'm most excited, one of my favorite bands, Jukebo the Ghost is playing in Brooklyn, and I never miss their shows. So, off on the L to Hell. Brooklyn doesn't happen often so don't get excited.

Sunday is a lovely friend's bday on the Lower East Side. I'm not a Lower East Side sort of girl, but who knows - maybe I'll get lucky and some dude will spike my drink. Rape kit aside, it'll make for an interesting entry.

amazing counter
coupons-coupon-codes.com