29.6.08

What Elton John meant...

I saved a life tonight! Well, sort of. I was walking home after an evening in Murray Hill w/ my Bridge & Tunnel crowd, when there was this guy on 116th & Lenox just laying there, in a puddle of vomit. Like most New Yorkers, I just glanced over, and walked away. Suddenly, I was struck with the notion that I can affect change and I shouldn't be so obsessed w/ my adequit life, when there's a douche, comotose in his own man-juice! I double backed, and asked him and his friends if he was ok. I used the "I work at a Nursing Home" line. Get's 'em every time. He was conscience, but could barely stand. His friends told me they just called an ambulance. Dude! I said, just put him in a cab and take him home. I also asked the million dollar question - "did you take anything." He said no. Bingo. I wished the douches good luck, and walked home. It was exhilarating, assisting a stranger. He totally had it coming, though.

No comments:

amazing counter
coupons-coupon-codes.com