11.6.08

The novelty of a Laser Punch

This is the first summer, of my life in New York, in which I'm not at the mercy of a miserable family requiring me to trek out to the Hamptons or up to Bedford, to care for their kids while they tan. I'm quite excited I can do the fun things, "normal" things New Yorkers do in the summer. Like leave New York.

Since I have a car for a bit, I'm planning on going to the beach this weekend w/ some friends. I always loved the idea of needing to take the subway to the beach. Living in suburban Philly, loading up the car and heading to the shore was an event unto itself. Once you got out of the car, you needed to lug all of the chirs, towels, and various beach paraphanilia several blocks because parking is an issue. I can't imagine hopping on the "A" and with nary a beach bag, and getting off at the beach. And one of the best parts of driving to the beach, was falling asleep on the way home. As a passenger, of course. Have you ever fallen asleep on a subway? Those plastic bucket seats aren't condusive to a sound sleep.

No comments:

amazing counter
coupons-coupon-codes.com