23.7.09

Have you celebrated your Helen today??

Today is "Helen Day". For those that don't know, this is a very special day, indeed. The routes of "Helen Day" can be traced all the way back to March 27 th, 2009, the day that my roommate Helen and I signed out lease. "Helen Day" consists of catching up with your roommate after several days of running around, shaking your money maker. In this case, my few no-show days consisted of entertaining my beloved Miles on Mon, a booze date on Tues, and a friend date on Wed. My presence was requested downtown, but I said "How preposterous, indeed! Today is Helen Day! Now kiss me, you fool!"

In the past, the celebration of "Helen Day" has consisted of me buying us Chinese Food, insisting we use chopsticks, "because real New Yorker's eat with chopsticks!" And then we watch DVR'd episodes of Jeopardy or Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. Sometimes I buy her condensed milk at Fairway, so she can make us fudge. Fudge makes a great gift, you know.

Because she's a scientist, she comes home very tired. Saving the world from the arms of destruction is a tough job, and I'm glad to know she can do it. She helps me through every crisis I throw her way i.e. "Does he "like me" like me, like I like him?" or "Can you sew the button that fell off my jeans." And if all else fails, I go into one of my anal sex stories, sure to make her laugh.

Since I am without work, and nursing a splendid cold, I spent the majority of the day on the napping couch - so called the "napping couch" because it is the perfect place to take a nap. I napped in my nightgown, alternating between reruns of Maury and reruns of Full House and whatever I DVR'd from the History Channel. On days like this, it is of most importance not to ruin "Helen Day" by appearing to not have accomplished anything. So I have a plan.

I can hear her coming up the hall, either on her phone or the jingling of her keys. I run into my room and throw on some yoga pants and my Lolita t-shirt, and greet her with a look of extreme accomplishment. Of course, she is aware of my sudden wardrobe change, because she is Dr. Helen, and she knows all.

So we will celebrate "Helen Day" over a Dominos Pizza, because I have a coupon, a little Gnome Poison, and hopefully some fudge.

A special thanks to my friend date from last evening, who inspired to blog today.

No comments:

amazing counter
coupons-coupon-codes.com