28.5.07

Busy like a Muff Diver.

How has your Memorial Day weekend been? Mine has be an insane, work-filled frenzy of glamourousness. Almost. You may note, I work on every major holiday - I can't remember the last time I had a day off for Christmas, or got to spend Thanksgiving or Passover with my family. You might also note, I've been doing this since I was 17. More on that, later.

The "ticket lady" family is in London, for the opening of "Fiddler on the Roof" - thanks to my roommate's stealth behavior & crazy-like-a-fox M.O., I discovered, the mother pumped a good chunk of her own personal coinage into this production. And she gets to bring her daughter.

I'm typically not envious of the priveledged children I work with. Granted, their trust funds are are almost as large as the National Debt, they have more toys than the Shah of Burma, and have a better wardrobe than Ms. Furstenburg, they live in completely fucked up homes. Really fucked up. But, when I hear that this little girl gets to travel to London, 3-4 times a year, gets to go to the Tony's, and has more stamps in her passport than a Sailor, I get kinda pissed.

Yes, I'm going to the Tony's as well - but just the rehearsal!

No comments:

amazing counter
coupons-coupon-codes.com